Monday, February 1, 2010

A Trip Down Penny Lane


It was exactly one year ago today we made the journey up Penny Lane to Christian Love Ministries. What a scary evening it was for me coming back to Asheville alone, picking up our son from daycare, & going home to face the harsh reality that I was going to be living the life of a single parent for the next 2 1/2 months while Rich was in rehab. What doesn't kill us, right?
The AA motto 'One day at a time.' certainly applies to our family...some days are great & others are a struggle as we continue to find our new "normal." I wanted to share one of the traditions we've established that has helped make our family stronger...and it's so simple!!! The little act of eating dinner together every night at the kitchen table has been so awesome for us...nothing could replace the conversation, laughter, and bonding we do while sitting around our little red table.
So tonight I celebrate my family sitting together around our table, eating dinner, and talking about the journeys we have already taken and those we have yet to experience. I thank God for recovery!

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of RIch AND you!

    I love you guys - and I am so glad we have been able to be with you guys through all of this!

    ReplyDelete