Friday, December 31, 2010

Year In Review

It's the last day of 2010...WOW. As I look back on this year, I guess I'd rate it a 5 on a scale of 1-10...not awesome, but it didn't totally suck either. :-) Considering the state of our economy, I feel we are blessed to have jobs that give us enough $ to pay our bills, a cute little home that keeps us safe & warm, and friends & family who are amazing. My desire for my personal growth is to examine the ups & downs of this year, learn from them, and continue a forward path toward being my best self. I compiled a list of all the baggage I wish to "leave behind" in 2010. What I discovered was that all the things I wanted to change about myself fell under the very first "issue" I had written down: Self doubt. I don't know if it's a fear of failure, a fear of success (or maybe even both), but I stay in mediocrity (hence the fact that I view this year as a 5?!) because it's safe. For example, I have a few business ideas swimming around in my brain, but I make NO attempt to pursue them. Also, I've pretty much always struggled with wanting to be thinner and in better shape...yet you haven't seen my a$$ at the gym, nor do I seem to have the willpower to put down the _______ (fill in the blank with any non-diet approved food). My family deserves more....I deserve more!
My sister-in-law Michele and her fiance Charlie are visiting us from upstate NY, & we've all made this "goodbye 2010" list. Tonight we're going to have a bonfire, roast marshmallows, and throw our list into the fire. Here's to a new year...Happy 2011!!!

1 comment:

  1. great post - I actually made a list of bad stuff of 2010 and also burned them on New Years Eve - it was an awesome new tradition I started.

    I am proud of you and I am always here to talk .....I love you and miss you....

    and I want to hear about these businesses you want to start :)

    ReplyDelete