Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Back By Popular Demand :-)

I have this love/hate relationship with blogging...I love writing...I hate that it cuts into the time I have in the evening to spend with my family. That being said, I'm a night owl (Rich says I have vampire blood in me) & the men in my life are...well...not night owls. So rather than playing another round of Scrabble on facebook (but don't get me wrong, I LOVE my fb Scrabble games!) I'm going to give this blog another chance at life. :-)
Something that makes me very happy is to try recipes my mom has given me. I've been especially loving this recipe for Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins & I thought I'd share it...maybe it will make you happy too! :-)
Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/4 c flour
1 c quick cooking oats
1/2 c packed brown sugar
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 c plain yogurt (I don't usually keep plain yogurt around, so I've substituted it with blueberry yogurt and it is super yummy!)
1/4 c butter, melted
1 c blueberries
dash of lime or orange zest
*Combine first 8 ingredients. In separate bowl, combine egg, yogurt, & butter. Stir this mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake @ 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Enjoy my friends...tell me what you think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment