Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bless Me...A Lot! 3/30

I'm trying to focus on a particular point the author of the Prayer of Jabez made in his book: "He (Jabez) left it entirely up to God to decide what the blessing would be and where, when, and how he would receive them." While I do believe there is a need for specific prayer requests, this "blessing" part of the Jabez prayer focuses on giving the Lord complete surrender of our will/desires. Proverbs 10:22 says, "The Lord's blessing is our greatest wealth; all our work adds nothing to it." I usually think I know what I need and I tend to ask God accordingly. But do I really know what I need? How many times have I been given a "blessing" (and I use that word loosely) that I didn't want but discovered down the road that it was exactly the kind of thing I needed?!? How much more powerful will His blessings be for me if I just ask? I'll let you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment