Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars 8/30

I stayed up late last night to watch the Academy Awards. I was overall pretty bored with the whole show (but darn if they don't save the best categories for last!)...I did enjoy the 80's movie montage (honoring the movies of the late John Hughes) that ended with this quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off:
"Yeah, life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Today I had a lot of things I needed to do...errands...joy. But last night a friend from out of town called to say she was going to be coming into Asheville and wanted to see if I wanted to spend the day with her. Honestly, my first thought was, "Well...I have a lot of things I need to do."...but then I started prioritizing my list, and nothing I had planned for today was an absolute necessity. What was a necessity was spending time with my friend who has 3 small children and lives in a tiny town with no friends. We had a wonderful time drooling over all the fun possible art projects at Michael's (stuff our husbands absolutely hate doing!). And I even got a couple of the errands on my list crossed off! I have to give a shout out to Ferris for reminding me to stop & enjoy life! I'll close this blog entry with a photo from the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off...one of my most favorite things to do...singing in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment