Sunday, March 7, 2010

Signs of Spring 7/30

What a beautiful day!!! Rich & I spent Gage's nap time out in the yard raking leaves & cleaning out the garden (much more productive than yesterday, eh?). I love seeing the little hints of green sprouting out from the dirt...little whispers saying, "Spring is coming!"
Our next door neighbors have a little boy who turned 1 today. They invited us over for a little playtime & birthday cake...yummy! Here's a photo of the kids playing...Happy 1st Birthday Ethan!!!

Vertical rocked tonight. Tonight's sermon was focused on having personal time with God and Pastor's challenge was to dedicate at least 15 minutes a day for this next week with God in prayer & reading the Bible. One of his points was the idea that as our relationship with God grows stronger, so will our worship...no fear of "what others might think" by how we worship. He pointed out that a true sign of maturity in a person is when they care less about what others think and more about what God thinks. That hit home for me because I've always struggled with worrying about what other people think. Who do I have to fear when God has my back?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment